• Press Freedom Protection
  • Media Ethics and Responsibility
  • Excellence and Best Practices in Journalism
  • Go Back
  • Home
  • The Massacre Site
  • Trial Timeline
  • Statement
  • Case Updates
  • Analysis
  • Go to category
  • Close Menu

Standing by: DZBB fails to verify Marcos, Jr.’s claims during Interview


JEERS TO GMA’s flagship radio station dzBB for an interview which failed to check false statements made by Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, Jr. on the program “Ikaw Na Ba?: The Presidential Interviews on DZBB”. The fifth installment of the presidential interview series featured Marcos Jr. in an hour-long segment that...

This Week in Media (January 31 to February 4, 2022)


THE OTHERWISE lackluster week sparkled on Friday with media showing their skills while providing citizens another close look at the candidates for president. Even on remote, the candidates made good use of the opportunity to make their pitch to the voters. 

Tracking Marcos Jr.’s encounters with the media


CHEERS TO Rappler for following up on the recent media engagements of presidential candidate Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos and calling attention to his positions on certain issues, the attempts of his campaign managers to clarify whatever he said; and raising questions about some programs the candidate said he would pursue...

Two editorials urge Comelec: Enough with the delay


SO FAR only two news organizations have  reminded the Commission on Elections (Comelec) that its delayed decision on the disqualification cases against Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s candidacy raises valid questions about the independence of the agency and the integrity of the May 2022 elections.  Cheers to the Philippine Daily...

TV5 provides background on distribution of ABS-CBN frequencies


CHEERS TO TV5’s News ExplainED for giving more information on Villar-owned Advanced Media Broadcasting System Inc. (AMBS), the company to which  the National Telecommunications Commision (NTC) awarded frequencies previously assigned to media giant ABS-CBN. 

Missed opportunity: One News does cautious interview with Marcos Jr. after GMA  snub


ON JANUARY 21, when 24 Oras reported on the GMA News Presidential Forum hosted by Jesica Soho, the plug highlighted that only four presidential candidates leading in the surveys had accepted the challenge. The report noted that former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, Jr. had declined the invitation for the January 22 interviews. Other...

Facts first: GMA airs non-story on false claims


JEERS TO GMA-7 for running a report on the false claims of a mayoral candidate. The January 26 edition of 24 Oras took up accusations by Mike Defensor, Party-List Representative for Anakalusugan, against the Quezon City government, only to establish in the same report that Defensor’s claims were false. 

This Week in Media (January 24 to 28, 2022)


ON THE pandemic front, media reported this week the pilot run of vaccinations for children aged 5 to 11 to start on February 4 and the approval for public use of two self-administered test kits by the Food and Drug Administration, with 31 applications for the registration of other...

This Week in Media (January 17 to 21, 2022)


MORE AND more bad news top the end of the first month of 2022 – the continuing increase of COVID cases across all island groups, the death of two unvaccinated individuals who contracted the Omicron variant, hospital systems overwhelmed, even the shortage of paracetamol and over-the-counter medicine for colds...

ANC spotlights Facebook campaign spending, points to loopholes in Comelec’s rules


CHEERS TO ANC’s Rundown for expanding the discussion on the more significant role of social media in the election campaign. 

  • « Previous
  • 1
  • …
  • 45
  • 46
  • 47
  • 48
  • 49
  • …
  • 158
  • Next »

FLAGSHIP PROGRAMS

  • Home
  • The Massacre Site
  • Trial Timeline
  • Statement
  • Case Updates
  • Analysis