2016 Hildegarde awardees recognized
OUTSTANDING WOMEN in mass media and communication were recognized in the 10th Hildegarde Awards held last March 8 at the Saint Scholastica’s College.
The Hildegarde Awards are named after Saint Hildegard von Bingen, a Benedictine nun whose writings, among her other works, brought together art, religion and science.
This year’s awardees are:
For Broadcast Journalism (TV)
- Red Alert, ABS-CBN 2
- Frontrow, GMA-7
- Reel Time, GMA News TV
- Leading Women, CNN Philippines
For Broadcast Journalism (Radio)
- Magandang Gabi, Dok, DZMM
- Radyo Negosyo, DZMM
- Veritas Pilipinas, Radio Veritas
For Print and Online Journalism
- Inday Espina-Varona, “They’re killing teachers and children, Mr. President”
- Fritzie Rodriguez, “The long road to an LGBT anti-discrimination law”, Rappler
- Dee Ayroso,“Lumad Women: ‘Our place is in the struggle’”, Bulatlat.com
- Nido Fortified, “For our #1 lolas” by Publicis Manila Inc.
- Bench, “Love all kinds of love” by Bench Advertising and Promotions
- McDonald’s Philippines, “Love namin kayo” by Leo Burnett Manila
For Development Communication
- Save the Children Philippines, “Lahat Dapat” campaign against hunger and malnutrition
- Teach Peace, Build Peace Movement, #WhyPeace
- Aisa Mijeno, “SALt” (Sustainable Alternative Lighting)
Malou Mangahas, executive director of the Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism (PCIJ) was given the Lifetime Achievement Award. PCIJ was also conferred an institutional award.