CMFR is committed to strengthening the news media as an autonomous pillar of democratic society. Its programs uphold press freedom, promote responsible journalism, and encourage journalistic excellence.
CMFR is engaged in a range of activities:
- To protect and strengthen the free press as a pillar of democracy;
- To establish a framework of responsibility and ethics in the practice of journalism;
- To raise levels of competence for coverage of special areas of news;
- To promote journalistic excellence;
- To engage different sectors of society in defending and strengthening the free press in the Philippines; and
- To promote media literacy and create a public more aware of its needs for information.